Monday, March 23, 2009

The Journey Begins.....

"Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person. ~Mother Teresa"

Thus begins my quest to make a better place for my children to live in. If we haven't met yet, I'm just an ordinary guy who is living through, like you, some of the most turbulent economic times that this country has seen in the last 70 years. I have the same dreams, hopes, and aspirations for my family as the guy next door. But the question that I was groping with day after day was, am I leaving this world a better place for my children and their children?

Hello, my name is Egbert and it was suggested to me that I start documenting my journey to establish a national service organization called the New Pioneer Foundation. The idea of this project came from a decision that I made. What was the decision? That life had to get better. It did. And that's were the story begins of a journey that I am starting and would like to share with you.

This blog will be a running tally of events that have unfolded so far in my quest to establish, organize, fund, and grow the organization.

So, check in once in a while, and see where my journey takes us. If you are on twitter, facebook, or linkedin,
I invite you to connect with me. My profile is egbertoostburg for all three and I will be tweeting my network when a new post is available. If you have any thoughts, ideas, comments or suggestions, I welcome the feedback as I never know where the next good idea will come from. Enough with the Preface, let the games begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment